- About Us
- Heart Health Information
- Health Programmes
- CPR Training
- Happy Heart Weekend
- Charity Donation Tax Refund
- Patient Information
- Media Information
- Medical Profession Information
- World Hypertension Day
- My Account
- My Fundraising Pages
- Job Opportunities
- Useful Links
- Contact Us
Happy Heart Weekend
This week is the Irish Heart Foundation’s Happy Heart Appeal raising vital funds to fight Ireland’s #1 killer.
Supported by 2FM’s Ryan Tubridy, Nicky Byrne and Fair City actress Leah Egan, we’re calling for donations to grow on-the-ground care and prevention so we can reach greater numbers of people at risk of this killer disease.
Why support the Happy Hearts Appeal?
- Because every day 27 lives are lost to heart disease and stroke in Ireland
- Because your generosity can make the difference and keep more hearts beating
- Because every donation will fund care, prevention and research to help Irish families affected by this disease
- Because Every Heart Counts
How can I support the Happy Hearts Appeal?
- Buy a happy heart badge from volunteers in your community
- Buy a happy heart badge from your local Shaws or SuperValu**
- Donate online now
- Text* HAPPY to 50300 to give €4.
* 100% of your donation goes to the Irish Heart Foundation across most network operators. Some operators apply VAT which means a minimum of €3.25 will go to the Irish Heart Foundation. Service provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 0766805278.
**Happy Hearts are also available to buy in selected Adrian Dunne Pharmacies, Sam McCauley Chemists, Cara Pharmacies, and McSharry’s Pharmacies nationwide.
Amazing survivor stories:
Meet 5-year-old Clara - she was just three years old when she suffered two strokes. The first stroke left Clara without peripheral vision in her right eye and the second stroke, which was more serious, left Clara with no speech or movement down her right side. Stroke remains the third biggest cause of death in Ireland and is the biggest cause of acquired disability. People of any age can suffer a stroke. By supporting the Happy Hearts Appeal this May, you can help the Irish Heart Foundation provide care and support to families like Clara’s.
Meet Donal who suffered two heart attacks without knowing it... and all by the age of 34. Like many young people, Donal enjoyed a busy social life which could take its toll. After one particularly busy time, Donal felt unwell for three weeks but put it down to a bad case of heartburn. It wasn’t until he was awoken in the night by severe chest pain he knew it was serious. Donal was later fitted with a stent and is now working to change his lifestyle for a healthy heart. We need your help to continue to deliver vital prevention to people at high risk just like Donal.
There’s still time to volunteer!
- Volunteer to sell happy hearts in your local community
- Organise an event in work to raise funds with colleagues
- Organise an event at home to raise funds with family & friends
- Register your school to sell happy hearts in your local community
If you have any questions or would like help with event ideas, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anne on 01 6346945.